CAULIFLOWER PIZZA RECIPE
Posted on April 28 2017
Using Cauliflower instead of flour for pizza? Why not!
It is a very good source of choline, dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese, phosphorus, and biotin. Additionally, it is a good source of vitamin B1, B2, and B3, the minerals potassium and magnesium, and protein.
This recipe was first featured in Buzzfeed.com’s #TastyFreshFridays
1 head cauliflower
½ cup mozzarella, shredded ( or use tofu cream cheese if you’re trying to go vegan )
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Add broccoli, spinach, cherry tomatoes
1 egg ( There are other alternatives for egg, sunflower oil butter will also do the trick )
- Preheat oven to 500˚F/260˚C.
- Remove the leaves and stem of the cauliflower and transfer pieces to a food processor.
- Rice the cauliflower by pulsing it in the food processor, or by shredding it on a box grater.
- Once riced, transfer to a large bowl and microwave for 4 minutes. Let it cool down for a few minutes before handling!
- Transfer cooked cauliflower to a clean towel and wring out as much liquid as possible.
- Place wrung cauliflower in a bowl and combine with mozzarella, oregano, basil, salt, 6. garlic powder, and an egg. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place cauliflower mixture in the middle. Spread out the mixture and form a circle out of the cauliflower mixture, pushing along the edge to raise a “crust.”
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust has become golden brown in the center and on the edges.
- Top with your favorite pizza sauce and toppings, being careful not to overload the pizza.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese has fully melted.
- Slice, share and enjoy!