March 23 2016 – Hana Difrawy
Change is good if it's for the better. Changing to make life better in little ways everyday helps us appreciate life more. In little ways - means waking up a little earlier than your usual routine, or doing a simple work out through the day.
Here's a list of some good things to help us get started with. Start Now! It's going to be good!
20 THINGS YOU SHOULD DO EVERYDAY
- Wake up earlier. Not only does this improve productivity but it also gives you more time to make a good, hearty breakfast.
- Make your bed. Let’s be real, being welcomed to a tidy bed after a long day at work/school (or a long day in general) is probably the best feeling anyone will ever experience.
- If you want, spend a little more time on your appearance. Take some time choosing an outfit, applying make up or whatever. Do what helps you boost your confidence and self-esteem.
- Stay hydrated, folks. Keep a bottle of water with you wherever you go.
Stretch everyday or start yoga (or do both, why not?)
- Create a playlist consisting of songs that make you happy and listen to it. Listen to songs for the mood you want to be in, instead of the mood you are in.
- Compliment at least one person per day. This could be an acquaintance, co-worker, class mate, stranger, whoever!
- Use your manners. If someone holds the door for you, lets you go first etc, they did it voluntarily and didn’t have to do it, so a “thank you” wouldn’t hurt.
- Eat your fruit and vegetables and always choose the healthy version over the junk food.
Have a good laugh. Catch up with friends, watch some ‘Parks and Recreation’, go see some stand-up comedy, reminisce about funny moments that have happened to you. You don’t need to be a doctor to know that humour has many benefits.
- Be optimistic. Always look at the positives. There’s no point on focusing on the negatives because that isn’t going to help anyone's mood at all.
- Exercise. It doesn’t have to be anything to intense. A run around the block, a walk with your dog or even a ‘Just Dance’ session will do the job.
- Bring a book/magazine or collect the daily newspaper with you. Spend you spare time reading.
- Try and learn something new everyday. This can either be an interesting fact you saw online or a new skill someone taught you.
Help others when you are able to. Help your classmates with school work or offer to help you struggling neighbour lift those heavy objects.
- Stop procrastinating. No matter how unmotivated you are to, push yourself and complete what you need to complete. Do what you gotta do. You know you’ll love yourself for doing it.
- Drink some tea, because that stuff is goooooood (and also beneficial).
- Make time to do things that help you relax, whether that’s painting, having baths, doing you nails or going for a run.
- Don’t dwell on your mistakes, but instead grow and learn from them.
- And lastly, be kind to yourself. If you love who you are, everyone else will!